I was discovering lightpen use in The Ace and first steps were in simple on-screen keyboard create to type text. I finished little fun demo, where on your VIC screen you can move cursor, type and delete notes. It has no save option, only X button as exit...
In other thread I was asking about lightpen emulation in VICE, no answer, so when I finished "LightPad 40" I tried to use it in VICE and success... I own Turbo Computer lightpen and Defender 64 lightgun... So, I enabled lightpen emulation and selected Datel pen. My demo has also Button check sub-program... and here is Q to all who can/own lightpen: I you can please download Lightpad 40 And test your lightpen with Button check and leave reply of received data.
Emulation is simple:
- move - press/hold mouse left button
- push button - press mouse right button
- move - move mouse over the screen
- push button - press mouse left button
- button check of Inkwell Pen is same as my Turbo Computer pen: keypress (212) = 90 [this value has no one key of keyboard] modifier (211) = 4 [Control ] Control port 1 = 251 [direction left] Control port 2 = 127 [no move 'cause lightpen is in port 1] JOY(1) Basic command = 7 [direction left]
Commonly are values these (existing exceptions I want to know)
PEEK(212) = 90 - keypress (this value has no one key of keyboard)