Nope, other than it's only the first 3 levels so far. I need to add some text at the bottom showing the timer and gems etc as well as some more work on the game engine and putting more levels in.
I got sidetracked trying to work out sound and making the SID work from cc65 is quite a mission.
How does it look? It's hard to tell from that last photo (you moved!) The positioning and size looks good, does it flicker much? Do the graphics look convincingly like Boulderdash? Does Rockford animate well?
I have had a lot of fun making the VDC dance and would appreciate it if somebody with a real 80col colour monitor could take a good photo of how it looks. I am using an RGB to HDMI adapter that messes up the interlaced graphics. It looks quite sharp in VICE (bottom half of the screen is missing).
Anyway, comments and help welcome! I particularly need help making the SID work now as silence is not golden when you expect a tune during the title page. Also, if anybody has a suggestion on how to get more than 2 colours per character it would make it look much nicer.
I tried Mode Mania demo.. Odd. It seems that the C128 tries rapid flickering between images to create a final "better" picture. This doesn't work well at all on the HDMI output. The pics in option 5 looked ok but the other high colour modes were bad.
@hydrophillic, Yes. I used the decoder chip solution on mine for the brown fix. Sadly due to the logic method I used for the I lines I can't ever have the light black working on this design. It's published too, I put it up on postimg as a schematic if anybody is interested.
John Carlson has the best solution I have seen (very simple too) and is currently selling them, they have near perfect colours, the brown fix AND light black all working.
Ok, the previous poster was me. I appear to have had an accident with my account and the display name, it is now fixed. Sorry.
Yes, the "Light black" or "Dark Grey" is indeed just black. I tried quite a few combinations of resistor values to try and fix that but failed. I don't know if I can fix it by just tweaking resistors or if I need to redesign the circuit, so for now I just ignore it. I am working on another board that converts the 80 col signal to S-Video instead of RGB (as it seems America never had scart and all have S-Video sockets instead). So Maybe I will try and get it corrected for that version.
Also, calling it a "homebrew" adapter feels a little under stating it. I will let you decide how good quality you think it is from the photo of a finished and assembled board,
Last Edit: Sept 17, 2015 21:39:25 GMT by Pyrofer: (added picture)